- DMR is being tweaked to provide an even greater differentiation between The IMAX Experience and conventional cinema. This will be noticeable starting with “Megamind.”
- External exposure testing of IMAX’s portable theater has been concluded in a field outside of Toronto. The company expects testing of the theater in urban environments to begin within the next few months.
- IMAX’s patent infringement case against In-Three remains undismissed pending continuing arbitration between IMAX and 3D conversion patent provider 3DMG over breach of contract. We have confirmed this with Neil Feldman, CEO of In-Three.
- IMAX’s new digital camera is in use and in the field, being used on the upcoming documentary “Born to be Wild.”
- IMAX has no issue with IMAX films being shot in HD digital as long as they meet the company’s high standards.
- The company is investing R&D into stereoscopic conversion of television programming as they begin to pursue a stake in the home consumer market.