The following posts are available on my new blog, ThemedReality, found at www.themedreality.com.
- ETI and the Future of Ride Design: ETI’s Brian Edwards discusses what the future holds for cloud technology and attractions, then ThemedReality re-envisions two blockbuster Disney attractions.
- SeaWorld Parks and its Animal Spirit Guides: SeaWorld and Busch Gardens make a radical change from human expedition in the animal world to becoming the animal itself.
- Super 78 Played Bridge at a Singapore Resort: How Super 78 Studios created an emotional bridge connecting a museum and an aquarium.
- Obscure Trivia Break: Two theme park chains and two horror franchises about carnivorous fish.
Posting later this month on ThemedReality:
- Jobs in Museum Interpretation: How iOS technology and hardware are revolutionizing the way we experience museums.
- The Museum Terminator: Remembering when California First Lady Maria Shriver expunged a carefully laid out themed design from the “state museum.”
- Three Generations of Walt: Disney Parks takes three different approaches with interpreting Walt for three generations of guests.
My articles publishing this month:
- 4D Comes of Age in Sound & Communications Vol. 58 No. 3 (March 19, 2012): Covers Northern Light at Capitol Theatre, Fort Edmonton Park, Edmonton, Alberta and Airboat Adventure at Museum of Discovery and Science, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Interviews with Robert Wyatt, Artisan Design; Doug Yellin, Mathilda Entertainment; David Willrich, DJ Willrich, Ltd; Andy Hanlen, LA ProPoint; Maris Ensing, Mad Systems; and Kim Cavendish, Museum of Discovery and Science.
- How the TEA and Themed Entertainment Design Altered the Museum Experience in the Official Program, 18th Annual Thea Awards Gala: Covers EPCOT, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, FL; National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center, Columbus, GA; The Changing Climate Show at Science North, Sudbury, Ontario; Fernbank NatureQuest, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Atlanta, GA; and Air Force One Discovery Center, Ronald Regan Presidential Library and Museum, Simi Valley, CA. Interviews with Brian Edwards, Edwards Technologies (ETI); Doug Yellin, Mathilda Entertainment, and Mira Cohen, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.